Thursday 5 September 2013

Hill 107.

This is the 3rd battle. Hill 107.5
This does not look like a easy map for either sides.
The obvious land mark is the school in the middle. Out of the 3 battles so far, dougs troops were the worst. 

Take a look.
 You can see all the German troops are strong Veterans. That always makes a huge deference in Close Combat. Just like it makes a huge difference in real life.
The soviet troops here are far less experienced. In means they are a not as good at shooting.Not as good at taking cover. More likely to cower or break while under fire. And overall just not as an effective fighting force. 


Surprisingly Doug did quite well.

My deployment zone was tough. My first goal was to move though the village. Then launch an attack from there to the School in the middle. 
And use my tanks for support , moping up the outside Victory locations (VCs) 

Doug did very well.I used classic squad based movements,cover fire and smoke to move into the town.
But it was not with out loses.  A huge deciding factor was Dougs AT teams at the top left of the map.
(See the green T)
The end result is what you see here.


The battle ended because German force morale got to low. THAT'S RIGHT! Doug managed to get my force moral to low!  I took the VC to the north. But the loss of moral means the VC was given back.

The biggest blow was the fact that he took out 3 tanks from the northern AT gun.
I finaly had all my German troops crammed at the edge of the town. They were getting ready for a final and dramatic attack on the school. 

But they had to wait for my last tank to move forward.
It finally got into position firing freely at the school. But thats when time ran out. 

I'm glad i didn't/couldn't launch the attack on the school. It would of been a failure. 

The next time we battle for this map will be interesting. What will the attack on the school be like? 


Coming up, in the gully. We have the 1st Soviet tank unit!








No comments:

Post a Comment